Oh, I just love Johnny Cash. Our whole family loves him, we've named pets after him. When Chase was in kindergarten his teachers' only complaint was that he would sometimes burst out into song during class, singing "I've been everywhere, man! I've been everywhere!" It makes me smile every time I think about it. He actually learned the song from the movie "Flight of the Pheonix," (the more modern remake of the original.) A movie Grandpa Burke introduced to him very early on, probably too early on, but oh well.
I love Johnny Cash too! I never heard the story of Chase singing in school, but I love it. I hope he never feels like he has to stop! I'm waiting for a book from Amazon called "Teaching Your Children Joy" that I think helps parents encourage creativity and discovery and, well, joy in everyday life. I'm thinking Chase singing in school is showing joy in life. I'm hoping it will teach parents a bit how to recapture for themselves that ability and innocent perspective, free of inhibition and restraint (within reason, of course--we can't all run around naked, no matter how joyful it feels).
ReplyDeleteI love that Grandpa Burke introduced him to this song too! Not to early in my opinion . . . and just so you know every time I hear this song I think of chase singing it barley able to understand him pronouncing it!
ReplyDelete